Spiritual Youth for Reproductive Freedom
Spiritual Youth for Reproductive Freedom (SYRF) is an interfaith, multicultural program of the Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice that is, of, by, and for youth and young adults ages 16-30.
Through a network of campus and community SYRF groups and the SYRF website, SYRF educates, organizes, and empowers young people to put their faith into action for:
- Comprehensive sexuality education
- Religious liberty
- HIV/AIDS prevention
- Access to family planning services
- Access to legal, safe, and affordable abortion services.
Through SYRF, youth and young adults:
- Connect with other spiritual, pro-choice young people
- Challenge the myth perpetuated by the religious right that religion and pro-choice values are incompatible
- Become members of college or congregational SYRF chapters
- Get information and tools to become powerful spiritual advocates for choice
- Plan events that raise awareness about religion and choice on their campuses and in their communities
- Find answers to religiously based questions about abortion, sexuality education and other reproductive and sexual health issues
- Advocate for increased access to comprehensive reproductive health care services and education
For more information or to get involved, please visit www.syrf.org and contact firstname.lastname@example.org.